Advanced Driver Training Course
At Prestige Driving School, our priority is to promote road safety and educate drivers on how their skills contribute to the success of their organizations. We are dedicated to providing Advanced Driver Training that can help professionalize your staff and have a long-lasting impact. Our training course follows the East African Community Standardized Curriculum, but we also offer tailor-made solutions after consulting with our clients using a Blended Learning Approach.
Benefits Of Advanced Driver Training Courses
a) The training integrates the transportation machine with the man behind the steering wheel and transforms them to a single organized unit.
b) The training lasts for life as the skills develop and evolve in one’s brain (motor memory).
c) The cost of training is negligible as compared to its benefits and savings. By preventing accidents, you save on costly repairs for your vehicles, and most importantly, you save a human life, and life is priceless!!!
d) Defensive driving habits inspire the driver to follow rules and regulations, drive safely, to maintain the right attitude, and sustain mental harmony under stressful driving conditions.
e) A trained driver is a National Asset in promoting our country’s economy, and a ‘safe driver’ ensures safety of other law-abiding road users.
f) In driving, ignorance and impatience are an invitation to premature death, and even the control over the vehicle does not guarantee one’s safety. In fact, most people have a false notion that they are in ‘full control of their vehicles’. This course helps the driver to accept and face the ‘reality as it is on the road’.
g) Prestige Driving School helps to change the attitude towards driving and makes the person more alert, sensitive and responsible as a driver.
Scope Of Training & Methodology For Driver Training
Defensive Driving Training
Defensive Driving Training will cover the following
• Introduction to DDT
• Analyzing the four Keys/principles to Defensive Driving
• The Golden rules of Defensive Driving
• Driver’s Health & Safety awareness
• Traffic Rules & Regulations
• Preventative Vehicle Maintenance to Drivers
• Speed, Momentum, Velocity & other Safety Devices
• Driver’s Fatigue & Tiredness Management
Vip Chauffer Protocol & Etiquette/Driver Attitude. The following will be covered
• Role of a driver in an organization and how it fits in the vision and mission
• What is customer service and its importance to an organization? Types of customers. Ten expectations of customers
• Appearance and Presentations of vehicle & the driver. Personal grooming & General hygiene of drivers.
• Communications skills-Written skills. Emphasis on verbal, written and non-verbal (body language)
• Driver’s code of ethics-DO, s and DON’T, s for chauffeur drivers.
• Managing VIP, s and other staff during a trip-Protocol, Luggage handling and security, courteous and responsible drivers and communication in and out of the vehicle.
• How to manage customer complaints as special request
• Role playing on how to manage customers in a trip and remain positive, & how to handle complaints.
• Driver interpersonal skills. Definitions of interpersonal skills, Interpersonal skills a driver should posse.
• Anti- Surveillance and contingency planning. Contingency planning and route security awareness
Basic Vehicle Maintenance/Basic Mechanics Training
Basic Vehicle Maintenance will cover the following
• Functions of Motor Vehicle Systems
• Lubrications System
• Cooling System
• Charging System
• Transmission System
• Braking and Suspension
• Journey Management
Convoy Driving Training
Evasive Driving: Security and Emergency driving Drills will cover the following
• Commentary and close proximity driving
• Rolling slalom and skid car/Bullion Van/fire Truck control
• Instinctive driving skills. The Natural Human Response to trigger
• Emergency situation drills, driver firefighting, first aid, fast tire change
• Hard reverse turns, 3-point turn. The enemy escape route
• Close Protection anti surveillance detection drills
• Attach recognition & cross over drills, situation awareness.
• Travel Pattern analysis and area of predictable travel
4 X 4 Wd Off Road Training
The 4×4 WD off Road Training will cover the following
• Fundamentals differences between 2WD and 4WD (Philosophy of 4×4)
• Types of 4WD vehicles; Part-time, Full time and All-wheel drive
• The terminologies of four-wheel drive (FWD,4X4,4WD, RWD, AWD)
• Power, Torque and Traction and their effect when driving on unsealed roads
• Three essential angles in off road driving. Importance of GVW, Tongue weight and ground clearance Speed
• Principles and functions of 4WD components
• 4WD off road gearing system and application in different terrain conditions – Low range and High range
• 4WD Recovery systems and procedures
• The seven golden rules of 4WD off road practical driving, off road 4×4 practical training